Burlington Democratic Party
The Burlington Democratic Party website was in bad need of updating in 2008, when I ran for city council. I addition to making a website for my campaign, I also volunteered to make a new website for the party. I still maintain the website today. Back then, I was using Joomla more than WordPress, so my first one was a Joomla website. I kept working with Joomla past the point of practicality. The need to make the website mobile friendly in 2013 forced me to use a Joomla theme that needed a lot of customization of both code and styles. By 2015, I had no choice but to switch to WordPress since the functions I needed were no longer available for free in Joomla’s extension directory. Because there were hundreds of great free themes to choose from I was able to make a beautiful website the way I wanted, with the function I needed.